Monday 9 May 2011

Chillies

My lovely friend Katie (who happens to live on the most amazing farm) has very kindly given me two chilli plants that she has grown from seeds. One is jalapeno and the other is anaheim. I know nothing about chillies so I've been doing some research on Wikipedia and it looks like jalapeno is quite a hot variety whereas anaheim is milder. My b/f is happy - he loves chillies and wanted me to grow some anyway. I, on the other hand, am a complete wimp and hate anything spicy. So it looks like this chilli combination will suit us well! I am going to keep them inside until the weather is a bit warmer, but I'm excited to see what these plants do, especially what size and colour the chillies will be and what we might cook with them. I'll keep you posted!
How can something so HOT come from something so cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment