Thursday 4 August 2011

R.I.Peas

I know you aren't supposed to laugh at your own jokes but that's a good 'un!

It's a sad day on the balcony as I have just hacked down my pea plants :( I loved my peas - they came from Poundland and they were so easy to grow and to look after. Look how they started - this was only 2 months ago.


I had absolutly no problems germinating them and they grew so quickly.



They had such beautiful flowers.


Best of all they are self pollinators, so they didn't suffer with my bee shortage.

They were the most productive thing I've grown so far, and so tasty.

It's a sad end!

2 comments:

  1. Whew! I thought from your post title that they'd died before their time! Sounds like your balcony garden got off to a good start this year and you've had a good harvest from your peas. Glad it worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought you meant they'd died early. They look like they thrived on the balcony though!

    Well done you for getting some lovely peas. Our mange tout look pretty similar to your last photo now too!

    Keep growing!

    Martin

    ReplyDelete