Sunday 14 August 2011

Harvest time

Isn't it amazing when all the effort that you have put into something finally pays off. All of the nurturing, pruning and the watering is all worthwhile when you get this.


Isn't it great! I've just noticed the rather large scary knife in the corner of that photo...you can guess the fate of the tomato a few minutes after this!

It was closely followed by this...


And then this!!




It's been so great seeing some proper harvests come into the kitchen. We have frozen most of the chillies and eaten the tomatoes. There are plenty more ripening though so I plan to make some sun dried tomatoes with the next lot. Well, oven dried - this is England.

This is what it's all about - popping out onto the balcony on a sunny evening to pick some bits to go with tonight's dinner.

I hope everyone else is enjoying some nice homegrown additions to their meals at the moment!

3 comments:

  1. i didn't know you could freeze chillies! I'd love to know how? Wonderful tomatoes, they look so fresh and tasty - wish mine would hurry up and ripen, obviously I'm not talking to them enough! Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello- thank you for following my blog..its lovely to find a lovely new blog for me to pore over :) I'm very jealous of your toms, are you growing them in a greenhouse? mine are green and rubbish- the chooks like them at least!

    H x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of your chillies.

    Mine are not even a patch on yours!

    Martin

    ReplyDelete